Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs, supervises and assists in the activities of subordinates engaged in the preparation of the established quality of food for service to passengers and crew in the partie assigned.
• Directly responsible for implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards in the assigned partie.
• Responsible for quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served from the partie as per companys standard recipes.
• Prepare the weekly schedule for the Galley Staff, designating special duties, cleaning duties and time off.
• Is accountable for the achievement of company budgets regarding food cost and inventory levels. Must investigate any discrepancies immediately.
• Ensures that personal appearance, uniform, and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company’s regulations.
• Spot checks food requisitions for the different cooking stations and ensures that it has been revised and signed by the Executive Chef.
• Communicates daily with the respective Assistant F&B Managers, and Restaurant Manager, in order to verify passenger’s food acceptance and special requests. Communicates any shortages or last minute changes.
• Set ups and maintains a training program for all galley staff with emphasis in their specific job and United States Public Health rules and regulations.
• Conducts a daily tour of the provision area ensuring that correct storing procedures are met and that there are no signs of spoilage.
• Must have excellent knowledge of USPH rules and regulations.
• Performs any other duties assigned by the Head of Department.
• Candidates must be older than 21 years
• Able to speak fluent English
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in 5 star hotels/restaurants
• Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts